Appointment Arrival Text Line: 440-669-1216
Dear Lawrence Orthodontics Community,
We are excited to be reopening and we are working hard to create an extremely safe environment for all of you and all of us. As always, our most important responsibility is the safety and well-being of our patients, their families, and our staff. We have always followed and exceeded the standards of disinfection and sterilization of the Ohio State Dental Board. In Ohio, we are fortunate to have had the nation’s most stringent sterilization rules since the 1980’s. I apologize for the length of the following information, but please bear with me as it is for your safety, our safety, and the safety of other patients who will visit our office.
The re-opening of our office requires some modifications to our usual routines. These are based on the recommendations and requirements of our State Dental Board, the American Dental Association and the CDC.
- We are required to ask you a series of questions before every appointment; although you may feel it is intrusive and redundant, this will be the new normal for all health care providers.
- When you arrive at the office, please text the patient’s name and your make and color of car to 440-669-1216 and wait in your car.
- We will respond via text when we are ready for you.
- EVERYONE must wear masks when they enter the office and may not remove them until they are requested to do so. Patients will be asked to put their mask back on before getting out of the clinic chair.
- To minimize the number of people in our office at any given time, we are asking that only the patient come into the office. Parents, please wait in your car, or walk your child as far as the door. For younger or special needs children, only one adult may accompany the child into the office and this adult will be required to wear a mask during the entire visit. You must supply your own masks, with the shortages of PPE in healthcare, our supply is extremely limited. No siblings can be accommodated in the office, so please plan accordingly.
- Everyone who enters the building will have their temperature taken.
- Everyone will be required to use hand sanitizer when they enter. Our toothbrushing stations will be used for HAND WASHING ONLY, therefore if you have a sensitivity to sanitizer, you will be directed to those sinks to wash your hands. Due to limited supply and supply chain issues, if you can provide your own sanitizer it is greatly appreciated.
- For patients coming in without a parent, we will have your child call (speaker call) with their own phone or Facetime you at the end of the appointment so that we can give you an update and any instructions, and also to set up your next appointment. If you are planning to make a payment at the time of your visit, please send that in with your child. (We will be moving to a more automated payment system for everyone’s safety as soon as possible.)
- Please RESCHEDULE your appointment if anyone in your family is experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, headaches, body aches, gastrointestinal upset, or a recent loss of taste or smell.
- Please RESCHEDULE your appointment if you or anyone in your family has been exposed to anyone who has Covid 19 or has traveled in the past 14 days.
- For your safety and ours, we have made a number of changes in the office. You will definitely notice the walls between the clinic chairs and the additional PPE worn by our staff! The front desk will soon be getting a plexiglass shield, and in the meantime, the front office staff will also be wearing more PPE if they are interacting with you at the desk.
- For everyone’s safety, we are in the process of implementing more contactless/remote systems for payments, contracts, scheduling and more.
- As always, we will use the High-Level Disinfection methods we have always employed in our operatory. Plus, we will, of course, increase the number of times per day that our front desk, restroom, and door handles are sanitized.
We are here for you if you have any questions or concerns, and we are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Important links and phone numbers:
- Arrival Text Number: 440-669-1216
- Appointment emails: info@DrLawrence.com
- Virtual consultation link: https://drlawrence.com/virtual-orthodontic-treatment/
- In case of an emergency, please text pictures of the situation to: 440-669-1216
Stay safe and stay healthy,
Dr. Ken Lawrence and The Orthodontic Team